I’m usually kind of a grinch about the holidays because it’s not just Christmas and the New Year, it’s also my birthday. Which generally, without fail, makes me more bitter each year because it’s forgotten, or I get something wrapped in Christmas paper, or it feels like we’re supposed to be doing something special and instead it feels forced. I’m a major downer when it comes to my birthday. Two years ago I stopped counting down in order to remind people when it was, and the husband and I ended up missing our flight home and instead had to spend my birthday in the airport after shelling out $1000 to get home after missing our flight the day before. Major bummer. Now I will always count down (10 days!) so we don’t forget what day it is.
Okay, now that that’s out of the way, how about ten reasons that I actually AM looking forward to the holidays this year!? In order of the 10th most exciting to the very most exciting, I give you my ten reasons to be excited for the holidays:
10. The husband and I have all our Christmas shopping done already and so we don’t have to stress about running out for last minute shopping.
9. Eating whatever I want (within reason) and having an excuse: it’s the holidays!
8. Presents. Because how could I leave that off the list?
7. Hopefully going to see a movie at Chunky’s.
6. Getting to wear my cold weather wear—gloves and hats and scarves!
5. Playing in snow.
4. Work from home! My commute on a normal day is an hour each way so since we will be back east, I don’t have to deal with the commute or office “antics.”
3. White Christmas! I’m fine with snow when it’s just for a visit and/or when I don’t have to drive in it. Then I know a few days later we get to return to a place where I don’t have to deal with snow and slush.
2. Spending time with family that we don’t see enough.
1. These guys (or gals):